Sunday, May 30, 2010

Welcome Home Stamper Family!!


OK, I've been slack on posting to this blog. No excuses.

This past week has proven to be interesting to say the least, why? Last Sunday we didn't get good news about Aaron at all and now.....

As most of you know the Stamper's are back in Erwin. Aaron is happy to be home and so help me I thought I heard the family dogs howling at the moon the other night, not that Lori hasn't taken good care of the little darlings mind you, but they've missed their family, as have we!! Now, about those house plants.......

We continue to pray for the Stampers as they settle back into life in Erwin. I left the word normal out, if you've kept up with Andrea's updates on the CaringBridge Web Site you know that there is no such word associated with cancer.

We continue to pray for healing for Aaron. We as a Church family, continue to live amidst the shrapnel of Leukemia so it's very hard to imagine what the Stamper's have gone through on a day to day basis these past ten months. I'm not even sure the folks at FCC have wrapped their heads around Aaron's original diagnosis of this disease on August 12th, 2009. I heard someone say today that we're still in denial. Perhaps so.

I'm pretty sure I'll never forget the phone call from Sandi that afternoon. It's as clear to me now as it was then, my dis-belief is almost as real now as it was then. Andrea was in the hospital herself, she'd just had surgery that very day. No one knew anything...for days shock, chaos and fear reigned.

Now almost a year later they are home and Aaron continues to fight, the shock and chaos turned to reality, the fear an unshakable faith in our Creator. The grace of our Lord is very evident in that He has been and continues to hold this family in His hands now and always.

We've missed you all and we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment