Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ladies Night Out...2010


What is Ladies Night Out?? I'll tell you...
It's all the men of the church honoring the ladies. It's watching as these guys plan the event and then the "day of" they set up the tables, chairs and DECORATE, quite nicely I might add!
As the ladies enter it's being greeted, it's lot's of gabbing and laughing, and being waited on hand and foot. It's good natured ribbing that the men take all in stride as we heckle and totally take advantage of our night.
I wont mention any names but I'm quite happy SMJ got a degree in Construction Engineering Tech and opted to NOT be a Matre d' in a 5 star restaurant. :) jk...lol!I couldnt resist! I'm gonna say I got a little nervous when BJM came round with the coffee...shhhh!
This years menu was baked chicken with mushroom sauce and rice pilaf and glazed carrots, yeast rolls and OMGosh, wait for it...HOT FUDGE CAKE that was to die for!! Thanks 3 Peas for the delicious meal!
It's also door prizes! The tables were decorated with a flowering plant, the name escapes me, we had the choice of one of those or a CHEESECAKE!! A whole lucious cheesecake, there happens to be one in my freezer even as I type! As my number was called I got "the look" from Mr. Man that said, "you know you'll kill the plant get me the cheesecake."
All in all it was a very pleasant evening with friends and family and I'd like to extend thanks to the guys, GOOD JOB!!
Snap, I almost forgot the goodie bags stuffed full of a really unique collection of candies thanks to Under the Apple Tree...thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment