Friday, February 12, 2010

For Today...



Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:28,29


Dear Lord, there is an unsolvable problem staring me in the face right now-a Goliath-size imposibility shouting insults at me. Help me look away from the problem long enough to look at You and remember again just who You are. It's true that as long as I'm trying to solve the problem on my own, it will reamin unsolved. I'm helpless to manage it because it is far bigger than I am. And yet, I know that You are bigger than my problem, because nothing is bigger. No one is stonger. When I call on You to replace me as my problem solver, You take over. And that's when Goliath falls and my problem gets cut down to size...and all this as the wheels of the galaxies continue to spin. Amen.

From: My Personal Daily Prayer Book by Christine A. Dallman; Margaret Ann Huffman

No comments:

Post a Comment