Friday, February 26, 2010

Come on March 20th!!

And yet even as I type that title I think I shouldn't be wishing my life away, goodness knows it's going by at break neck speed.
I look in the mirror and wonder at times who that is looking back at me. I've heard my mother say the same thing before but now I think I get it. I have two grandchildren, one 9 and one 4........when did that happen?
Now I realize there are those of you out there that think, just wait till you're this age or that age, but in my defense I've just crested a hill and it's all new to me! I don't know, thought I'd be like, 30 forever?? I also get how folks of a mature age feel when doctors come in and wow, baby faces that want to examine me and tell ME what to do. Humph. And all the modern technology..........but I have to say a lot of it I'm hooked on, when it works!
As it happens I've had major computer woes on my home computer. It was all of five years old, notice I said "was," and it decided with no warning to crash. Well, OK, it's had some issues lately........:)
I took it to the Geek Squad, they kinda laughed and said sorry.....so I came home with a new one. Long story short, it crashed too. I'm able to log on and hopefully post this, minus any pix of course, mustn't over load the new computer! I'm headed BACK to Best Buy and will try to maintain my composure as the 12 year olds (same ones that laughed and said mine was old) try to explain what the problem is while nodding and pretending to understand what the heck they're talking about! That's OK, I know some guru's that I can have translate!

Thank You Father for having a Way that will never crash or lose files and programs, and for the Divine Translator that lives in our hearts when we but ask You in. Amen.

The length of our days is seventy years or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow for they quickly pass and we fly away.
Psalm 90:10

No comments:

Post a Comment