Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Birthday Bash.....









Well it was another successful Birthday Bash...as you can see I'm not much of a photographer I didnt do the tables justice, as usual I was rushing around this a.m.!! Hopefully if Lori shares her pix on facebook I can snag them, or perhaps I'll ask her to email them to me!
In the month of March we have a carry in pot luck dinner, we set up 12 tables, each table is then decorated accordingly, they're all so pretty!!
After morning Worship Service we walk across the street to the Fellowship Hall, folks are asked to find and sit at the table that represents the month of their birth. Then it's chow time!! What a wonderful meal today! After we're stuffed, each table has a drawing for a beautiful little birthday cake, and may I say that I was a bit jealous of Mrs. Betty Gouge for snagging the January snowman cake.I know that Carson and Claire Moore, Tim Stamper, Sarah Yates, Jared or Sheri Shoemaker,my hubby Lee, I think David or Kathy Eunson all won cakes and that's as far as my feeble memory goes!! All in all it was a very pleasant time of sharing a meal and fellowship.
The young adult Sunday School class has been studying community and what it means in the Christians walk. We all agree that our Church families are a very vital part of our lives and that our goal is to emulate the early Church. Isnt it awesome to have this extended family?
This particular get together is just FCC's way of saying Happy Birthday everyone!!
If you're out there reading this blog, maybe you've just seen the address somewhere, or maybe you bumped into it somehow, we hope you'll join us for Worship sometime soon! God bless!
P.Hemphill

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! It looks like a pretty good bit of work to set it up, but what fun! Good Job.

    ReplyDelete