Monday, November 23, 2009

Fri. 11/20 OCC Shoebox Packing Party














OK, so it's our first ever packing party and Katie and I learned a lot!!
FCC adopted 33 shoe boxes which we thought was pretty awesome! Believe me, Katie did a great job purchasing items for these boxes as you can see by the photo's!! For $25.00 the child got 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of underwear, 3 wash cloths, 6 pencils, sharpener, toothpaste, toothbrush, a bar of soap, box of crayons, note pad, toy, AND a baggie of hard candy AND that included the shipping. Sweet!
Even as I type this I'm visualizing the candy ordeal...and running out of baggies :) I wont mention the 1 sock and 2 toothbrushes that were left! There would be no rest until the box with the missing sock was found. Lee found them thank goodness!
The shipping was paid online (a new feature for OCC) and the shoeboxes can be tracked. Hopefully we'll know where our 33 boxes end up!
Next stop, our shoe box dedication!!

1 comment: